Mohammad Abdullah Khalid known as Khalid Azmi (born 1 January 1970) in Azamgarh, Uttar Pradesh is an Indian Poet with several titles in the Poetry. He also double-hats as a Journalist, TV Film & Documentary maker. Apart from this Khalid Azmi is a well known social worker also. He hold several important positions in different organizations.
After obtaining his primary education in Azamgarh , Khalid Azmi moved to Delhi. He completed M.A., B.Ed., LL.B, Ph.D. and P.G. Diploma in Mass Media then did Post M.A. Diploma in Translation & Mass Communication.
Khalid Azmi is Working in Doordarshan. Khalid’s writing career began with the book JAAG UTHE KHWAB KAI, a (Sahir’s poetry translation)
- Ex-President All India Insaaf Committee (A Minority cell of Communist Party of India).
- Ex Secretary All India Students Federation (U.P)
- President, Maa Gayatri Educational & Welfare Society
- Chairman, Media and Entertainment Research Foundation, New
- Trustee – Madina Masjid Trust,
- President – Tanzeem-e-Naujawanan,
- General Secretary – Azamgarh Development
- President – Progressive Minority Federation, New
- Mutwalli–(Administrator) Dargah Makhdoom Najibuddin
- General Secretary, Press Federation of India, New
- Member, Film Writers Association,
- Executive Member, Delhi Union of
- Executive Member Media Hastkshep, New
- Consulting Editor, urdutahzeeb.net, New Delhi. (A Web portal of Urdu News, Views, Languages, Literature & Culture).
- Advisor, Instamaze Noida (A T.V. Film Production Company).
- Chief Advisor, Avi Raj Media & Entertainment,
- Participation in All India Mushaira & Kavi Sammelan as poet and Moderator
- Conducting cultural & social
- Published a book “JAAG UTHE KHWAB KAI” from, Penguin publication in Hindi (Sahir’s poetry translation).
- Published a book “PASEENE KI KHUSHBOO” (Ghazal’s collection).
- Published a book “AWADH KA CHAND” (Poetry collection).
- Under Publication “INQUILAB KA MAUSAM” (Ghazal’s Collection).
- Under Pulication “SUTOON-E-ADAB” (Detailed analysis of Progressive Writers)