Dr. Santosh Kumar Chaturvedi is an Indian researcher and Professor of Psychiatry. Chaturvedi has been the Dean of Behavioural Sciences, Head of Department of Psychiatry, Head of Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services and Head, Department of Mental Health Education at NIMHANS, Bangalore. He has also been the part of Speaker’s Research initiative of parliament of India. Chaturvedi’s work revolves around consultation-liaison Psychiatry, Chronic Pain & Somatization, Neuropsychiatry and Quality of life research, Psycho-oncology & Palliative Care and Cultural Psychiatry. He is a TedX speaker and has appeared on television show Satyamev Jayate on an episode dedicated to mental health and at Mirror Now Chaturvedi is married to Beena Chaturvedi and has a son Dr Jagdish Chaturvedi and a daughter, Jaya Chaturvedi.
- Chaturvedi SK, Chandra PS, Simha S. Communication skills in palliative care. Voluntary Health Association of India, New Delhi, 2008.
- Desai G & Chaturvedi SK. Medically unexplained somatic symptoms & chronic pain: assessment and management. Paras Medical Publishers, Hyderabad, 2017.
- Bhugra, G. Ranjith, SK Chaturvedi. Handbook of Psychiatry for South Asia, 2nd Edition. Edited by D. Bhugra, G. Ranjith, SK Chaturvedi, Paras Medical Publishers, Hyderabad, 2019
- SK Chaturvedi. Rural living & mental health. Mental Health and Illness Worldwide, edited by Professors Sartorius and Ee Hoek Kua Springers, 2019.
Awards and recognition
- Tilak Venkoba Rao Award by Indian Council of Medical Research (1988, 1992)
- Tilak Venkoba Rao Oration Award by Indian Psychiatric Society 1988
- Dr DLN Murthy Rao Oration Award of the Indian Psychiatric Society2012
- Dr Vidya Sagar Award by Indian Council of Medical Research(1998)
- Commonwealth Medical Fellowship Award on Cancer at Manchester UK, 1988-1990