Dr. Sanjay Kumar Somani (born in Mumbai) is a Senior Indian Gastroenterologist based in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India. He got Young Investigator’s Award (YIA) 2002, Kyoto, Japan. Best research paper award in Joint Conference INASL and EASL 2001. Best paper award Cluster, XIIIth Annual Conference of Pediatric Gastroenterology 2003 and Marquis Who’s is who in the World (27th Edition) and 2013.
Dr. Sanjay Kumar Somani, born in Mumbai. Did his DM from the prestigious SGPGI Lucknow. He was Assistant Professor (Gastroenterology) in Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad. Then he worked as a Senior Consultant in Famous Apollo Hospitals, Colombo, Sri Lanka He Was a Senior Consultant in BGS Apollo Hospitals, Mysore and SPS Apollo Hospitals, Ludhiana. Dr. Sanjay kumar somani Also worked in Sahara Hospital Lucknow and Mayo Medical Center Lucknow as a Senior Consultant Gastroenterologist.
. Professional experience
|Name of Post||Institute/ Hospital|
|Senior Consultant Gastroenterologist||Mayo Medical Center, Gomti Nagar, Lucknow|
|Consultant Gastroenterologist||Sahara Hospital, Gomti Nagar, Lucknow, India|
|Consultant Gastroenterologist||SPS Apollo Hospitals, Sherpur Chowk, Ludhiana, India|
|Consultant Gastroenterologist||BGS Apollo Hospitals, Mysore, India|
|Senior Consultant Gastroenterologist||Apollo Hospitals, Colombo-5, Sri Lanka|
|Assistant Professor (Gastroenterology)||Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS), Hyderabad, India|
|Senior Resident (DM, Gastroenterology)||Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute (SGPGI) Lucknow, India
|Senior Resident (HS, Gastroenterology)||Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute (SGPGI), Lucknow, India|
|Senior Resident (Medicine)||Safdarjang Hospital, N Delhi, India|
|Senior Resident (HS, Nephrology)||Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute (SGPGI), Lucknow, India|
|Junior Resident (Medicine)||BRD Medical College, Gorakhpur, India|
Dr. Sanjay kumar Somani lived in Lucknow with his wife , Daughter and son .
Awards and recognitions
Best research paper award
Joint Conference between INASL and EASL. 23-25 March 2001, Goa, India.
Hepatitis B and hepatitis C infection contribute majority of cases of cryptogenic and alcoholic liver cirrhosis”
Young Investigator’s Award (YIA )
26th International Congress of Internal Medicine (ICIM) May 26-30, 2002, Koyto, Japan.
“Absence of intra-familial spread of hepatitis E virus infection in sporadic setting”
Best paper award Cluster
XIIIth Annual conference of Pediatric Gastroenterology, September, 2003, Pune. Yachha SK, Aggarwal R, Srivenu I, Somani S. “Antibody testing in childhood celiac disease in India”
Marquis Who’s Who in the World 2009 (27th Edition) and 2013
Dr. Sanjay Kumar Somani features in who’s who a biographical record compiled by Marquis Publication Board, USA. (VIP Number: 34662882)
- “Endoscopic drainage of a post-cholecystectomy biloma with biloma-gastric stenting”. Somani SK, Somani A, Singh V. 2013;45 Suppl 2 UCTN:E173-4. doi: 10.1055/s-0032-1326498. Epub 2013 Jun 25.
- “Resolution of hepatic hydatic cyst with biliary communication with ERCP”. Somani SK, Srivastava AP. J Gastrointes Dig Syst, 2012,2:114
- “Healing of a bleeding solitary rectal ulcer with multiple sessions of argon plasma”. Somani, A. Ghosh, G. Avasthi, R. Goyal, P. Gupta. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, 2010;71,3,578-582.
- “Use of self expandable plastic stent to treat dysphagia post-laryngopharyngectomy”. Somani SK, Verma N, Ghosh A, Goyal R. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, 2010;71,7,1304-1307
- “Healing of solitary rectal ulcers with multiple sessions of argon plasma coagulation”. Somani SK, Ghosh A, Goyal R, Avasthi G, Gupta P. Digestive Endoscopy. 2010; 22, 107–111
- “Trichotillomania with Gastroduodenojejunal Trichobezoar”. Somani SK, Srivastava AP. Webmed Central Psychology 2010;1(12):WMC001367
- “Hepatitis E Virus Infection Leads To Severe Hemolysis In Glucose-6-phosphate Dehydrogenase Deficiency Patients”. Somani S K, Srivastava A P, Ahmad M , Khanna D, Gupta N . Webmed Central Gastroenterology 2011;2(2):WMC001537
- “Bochdalek diaphragmatic hernia masquerading as tension hydropneumothorax in an adult”. Somani SK, Gupta P, Tandon S, Sonkar D, Bhatnagar S, Saxena M. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2011 Jan;141(1):300-1
- “Severe acute pancreatitis with pseudocyst bleed due to Hepatitis E virus infection”. Somani SK, Ghosh A, Avasthi G. Clinical Journal of Gastroenterololgy. 2009;2:39-42
- “Aluminium phosphide induced esophageal stricture palliation with Polyflex stent” Somani SK. Dysphagia 2008 Dec;23(4)411-2
- “Autoimmune hepatitis in India: profile of an uncommon disease”. Gourdas Choudhuri, Sanjay K Somani, Chalamalasetty S Baba and George Alexander. BMC Gastroenterology 2005, 5:27.
- “Correlation of esophageal pH and motor abnormalities with endoscopic severity of reflux esophagitis” Somani SK, Goshal UC, Saraswat VA, Aggarwal R, Mishra A, Krishnani N, Naik SR. Diseases of Esophagus 2004;17(1)58-62
- “A serological study of intrafamilial spread from patients with sporadic Hepatitis E virus infection” Somani SK, Aggarwal R, Naik SR, Srivastava S, Naik S. Journal of Viral Hepatitis 2003Nov;10(6):446-9
- “Coexistence of adenocarcinoma colon with pseudomembraneous colitis”. Somani SK, Kapoor S, Shukla A. Journal of Digestive Endoscopy 2013;4:117-118
- “Endoscopic removal of a coin impacted at the ileocecal valve with small bowel obstruction”. Somani SK, Ghosh A, Avasthi G. Tropical Gastroenterology 2009;30(3):149–150
- “Duodenal mucosal nodularity in Strongyloides stercoralis infection.” Somani SK, Goyal R, Avasthi G Tropical Gastroenterology 2009;30:47-48
- “Antibody testing in Indian children with celiac disease.” Surender Kumar Yachha, Rakesh Aggarwal, Srinivas S, Anshu Srivastava, Sanjay K Somani, Srivenu Itha. Indian Journal of Gastroenterology 2006;25:132-135
- “Occult hepatitis B virus infection as a cause of cirrhosis of liver in a region with intermediate endemicity” Agarwal N, Naik S, Aggarwal R, Somani SK, Kini D, Pandey R, Choudhuri G, Saraswat VA, Naik SR. Indian Journal of Gastroenterology 2003 Jul-Aug;22(4):127-31
- “Common carotid artery occlusion causing cerebral infarction in a patient with ulcerative colitis” Chetri K, Ghoshal UC, Somani SK, Aggarwal R, Sinha N, Jain M, Naik SR. Indian Journal of Gastroenterology 2002;21:122-123
- “Plasmodium falciparum and hepatitis E virus co-infection in fulminant hepatic failure” Ghoshal UC, Somani SK, Chetri K, Akhtar P, Aggarwal R, Naik SR. Indian Journal of Gastroenterology 2001;20:111
- “Serum Magnesium in hepatobiliary disorders” Nigam P, Kumar R, Nigam P, Saxena SP, Somani SK. Journal International Medical Sciences Academy. 1997;10(3):75-7
‘Serum ascites albumin gradient (SAAG)’ in Clinical Medicine update 2007 Vol-X
Hobbies: Ghazals, Movies, Current affairs.
Long term goal: Develop a state of art Gastroenterology and Endoscopy centre in Lucknow