Prem Nath (June 6, 1941), Ar. Prem Nath is an Iconic Indian architect with a wide spectrum of work. Awarded Architect of Baburao Mhatre Gold Medal 2019 during the virtual event of NATCON 2020 by the Indian Institution of Architects (IIA) with a citation describing him as a “Seminal Architect” and a “Trail Blazer” in the field of architecture. Ar. Prem Nath has many “FIRSTS”, to his credit which includes First ever Revolving Restaurant, First Health Spa, First Multiplex Mall in the Country, First Fast track I.T Building, First Gold graded & HUDCO Award winner Township, First Platinum Rated School & many more to the list. He is the founder of Prem Nath and Associates, an architectural firm based in Mumbai, founded in 1967.Additionally, Mr. Nath is a Chartered Engineer, a Certified Valuer and Real Estate Appraiser In a career spanning 50 long years, he has received many awards such as “Most Promising Brand” in Architecture and Real Estate at World Brand Summit, Dubai, “Life Time Achievement Award”, “India’s Top Ten Architect” award and “HUDCO Design Award for Green Architecture for HMEL Township and many more.
He completed his schooling in Delhi, and started working with an engineering firm where he used to take blueprints for draughtsmen. There he developed his interest in the field of architecture and enrolled himself in a graduate diploma program at Sir J.J. College of Architecture, Mumbai. After completing his diploma with highest honors from Sir J. J. College of Architecture in 1965, he started his career as an interior designer and used to work hard for 18–20 hours a day.
Although he started getting recognition after his college project got appreciations during an exhibition which later also brought lot of opportunities for him and paved way to success. He was invited by J.A. Stein to work with him but he preferred to stay in Mumbai and opened his own firm Prem Nath & Associates in 1967. The firm, today, is well known as PNA, a ‘Total Design Group’ with an infrastructure, able to handle complete assignments, from the stage of Planning, Designing, and Service Co-ordination up to completion of the Project. Highly respected by his colleagues for his functional and unique designs. He is an enthusiastic member of the American Society Of interior designers and a fellow of the institution of Engineers (India) Charted Engineers and finds mention in the international edition on who’s who in interior design. He has won the Architect of the year award in 1996 from Accommodation Times, the International Award if Architectural practices in 2005 from Actualidad, Spain. His creations are iconic structures of the Mumbai skyline. He is known for taking some leading initiatives such as India’s first Revolving Restaurant – Ambassador Hotel, Mumbai. India’s first Platinum Rated School campus – Cygnus World School in Vadodara, Gujarat, India’s first Multiplex-Mall – Fame Adlabs at Citimall, Andheri, Mumbai designed for Ajmera Group, in early 2000s, India’s first green rated township, HMEL Punjab.
Memberships and Certifications
Fellow of Indian Institute of Architects (IIA), Ex president of Indian Institute Of Interior Designers (IIID). He is one of the few designers in the country to have received the ASID (American Society Of Interior Designers) certification. Also the member of U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) and Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) President of AAJJA (Alumni Association of Sir J.J. College of Architecture, Mumbai).
Some of the Notable Projects are listed below:
• Golden Palm Resort, Bangalore
• HMEL Township, Bhatinda
• Cygnus World School, Gujarat
• Celebrity Homes
• Bhakti Park, Residential Complex, Mumbai
• “IIA Baburao Mhatre Gold Medal, 2019” at NATCON 2020 by Indian Institute of Architects.
• “Life Time Achievement Award 2020” by Reality+ INEX Awards, Mumbai
• Awarded with ” Archid-Lifetime Achievement Award 2019″ by Archid,Mumbai.
• Bestowed with “DNA Sir J.J. Architecture Award’18” by Sir J.J. College of Architecture.
• Recipient of “Lifetime Achievement Award: Architecture” by GROHE Huran Report 2017
• Awarded Lifetime Achievement Award 2017 by WB honours.
• Icon of the Year 2017 for Outstanding contribution to Architecture by Brands Academy
• Awarded “Lifetime Achievement Award” by Icon of Spaces 2017, Singapore
• Bestowed with “LIFE TIME ACHIEVEMENT” Award by Society Interiors, Mumbai 2017
• Awarded the “Most Trusted Brand of Asia – Most Admired Architect of India” at the Indo-UAE Global Investment Summit, Dubai 2016
• HUDCO Design Award 2015 for Green Architecture – HMEL Township
• Ar. Prem Nath felicitated with “Top Architects through Decade” CWAB Award
• Receipient of “Design Legend” Award by Society Interiors, Mumbai 2015
• Recipient of “Most Promising Brand” in Architecture & Real Estate 2014-15 at World Brand Summit, Dubai
• Recipient of “Life Time Achievement Award in Hospitality Architecture” by ide, 2014
• Recipient of “Life Time Achievement Award” by ERA Fame Media Group, September 2013
• Recipient of “Life Time Achievement Award for Excellence in Architecture” by NDTV Profit – Brands Academy, Dec. ’12
• Recipient of “Achievers Award” in Indian Architectural Design Festival, in September 2011
• Recipient of “Best Hospitality Design Excellence Award”, by Construction Source India (CSI), 2010
• Recipient of the “India’s Top Architects Award – 2008”, by Construction World Magazine.
• Recipient of the “India’s Top Architects Award – 2007”, by Construction World Magazine.
• Recipient of the CNBC Awaaz CRISIL Award for “High End Residential Interiors – 2007”
• Nominations the CNBC Awaaz CRISIL Award for Best Architectural Commercial Building- 2007
• Nominations the CNBC Awaaz CRISIL Award for Best Residential Interiors – 2007
• Nominations the CNBC Awaaz CRISIL Award for Best Commercial Interiors – 2007
• Raitech a Hi-tech I. T. Park Project of about 5.1 million sq. ft. coming up at Sonipat, Haryana was won by the firm, amongst National & International competitions.
• Won Design competition for Bank of Baroda Commercial / Data Center project, at BKC, Mumbai.
• Won Design competition for Air Force Museum by Airport Authority of India (AAI), New Delhi in June 2007, placed second.
• Recipient of The “India’s Top Architects Award – 2006”, by Construction World Magazine
• Society Interior’s award for “Interior Architecture – 2006”
• Won Design competition for Karnataka Housing Board “Mandya” The project consists of residential development scheme including schools, parks, recreation centers, community facilities
• International Award of Architectural Practice – 2004 from Actualidad, Spain, received at Athens.
• First Prize and Project Award – 400 Bed G.T. Hospital Complex, Mumbai.
• Recipient of “Architect of the year award – 1996 from Accommodation times.”
• Won Design competition for Padmashri Dr. Vithalrao Vikhe Patil Technical Complex Project at Ahmednagar. The project consisted of Engineering College, Polytechnic, Provision for I.T.I., English Medium School and Administrative Blocks comprising Administrative Offices, Hostels, Library, Auditorium, Residential Complex, Student’s centre, Sports complex etc for 4,500 students.
• First Prize and Project Award – Planetarium Complex for Municipal Corporation of Bangalore.
• Commendation Prize for Design of T.V. Centre at Calcutta.
• First Prize and Project Award – Commercial Complex for Municipal Corporation of Bangalore.
• “Bharat Gaurav, 1996” Award for Economic Growth & National Integration, from Industrial Economic Forum, New Delhi.
• “Architect of the Year, 1996” Award from Accommodation Times, Mumbai.